2008-03-13 05:16:22 +0000
If Mr Hubbard were still with us, he would have had another birthday today. With all the humanitarian works his philosophy of Scientology has sparked, it is interesting to see just who this man is and what he actually did, without all the media induced hoo-ha.
Firstly, the L. Ron Hubbard website. Shows a mini biography, where he was born, how he grew up, the finding of Dianetics which then allowed him to discover and codify Scientology as well as the impact this religion has had on the world at large.
Then the Way to Happiness. This is Mr Hubbard’s non religious moral code to help bring calm to a society. You don’t have to be a Scientologist to follow the way to happiness. Here is a video of my favorite precept -Respect the Religious Beliefs of Others…
Then there is the Scientology Volunteer Minister Campaign which brings help where it is needed, from being on the front lines at 9/11 to the Tsunami in South East Asia. Several of my friends went up to South East Asia to help (in Banda Aceh and they came back changed people… in so many ways that place had an impact on their lives, but the biggest impact, was that they felt like the helped.
The last one is the mass distribution of 100,000 fliers on New Year’s Eve in my home of Sydney. I helped make this happen, with volunteers all over Sydney distributing booklets everywhere. It was a great day, and we helped a lot of people get the truth about drugs.
Anyway, it is good to help people, and a lot of fun too!
- Rails Security Alert
- Encrypting Another Partition Using FileVault 2 on OSX Lion
- Installing Home Folder on Second Drive on OSX Lion
- undefined local variable or method `version_requirements'
- A New World of Resources
- Rails Static Pages
- Twitter Replacing Rails? So?
- Engine Yard Cloud Backups Generating Zero Length Backups
- Our Rails Rumble Entry - StillAlive.com
- Renaming a controller and redirection in Rails 3
- Updating RailsPlugins.org to Rails 3 - Part 1
- A new protocol for social interaction
- What is a distributed social network?
- Bundler and Public Git Sources
- Getting Heroku, memcached and Rails 3 working
- Why Bundler?
- Rails Commit Access
- Introducing TellThemWhen
- rake RSpec & Cucumber uninitialized constant Rails::Boot::Bundler
- This Relationship is Worth Nothing
- Thank YOU...
- Inline Attachments for ActionMailer
- Upgrading RailsPlugins.org to Rails 3 - Part 1
- Stripping dollar signs and commas from a string
- Getting Rails 3 Edge with jQuery, RSpec and Cucumber using RVM
- Action Mailer, go Proc thyself
- The Real News Donation Drive
- ActionMailer ScreenCast and Article
- Installing RSpec for Rails 3
- I am speaking at RailsConf 2010
- Rails 3 Session Secret and Session Store
- If you're lazy and you know it write your specs!
- Bundler - uninitialized constant ActionController
- Bundle Me Some Sanity
- How to use Mail / ActionMailer 3 with GMail SMTP
- Put your mailer where the action is!
- Why Force a Choice?
- How to make an RSS feed in Rails
- Rails 3 Routing with Rack
- Bundle me some Rails
- Helping out in Haiti
- Watch your self
- Is Rails 3.0 a Game Changer?
- Where did the scripts go?
- validates :rails_3, :awesome => true
- New Rails Version 3.0 Guides Online
- New ActionMailer API in Rails 3.0
- Mail gem version 2 released
- How to rename a Rails 3 Application
- Rails 3.0 Examples
- November 2009 (1)
- October 2009 (2)
- September 2009 (2)
- August 2009 (0)
- July 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (0)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (0)
- March 2009 (0)
- February 2009 (0)
- January 2009 (2)
- December 2008 (0)
- November 2008 (5)
- October 2008 (0)
- September 2008 (1)
- August 2008 (0)
- July 2008 (2)
- June 2008 (13)
- May 2008 (7)
- April 2008 (18)
- March 2008 (8)
- February 2008 (5)
- January 2008 (7)
- December 2007 (20)
- November 2007 (22)